Friday, June 30, 2006

We're moving!

We are in the middle of the big move here. The camera cable is somewhere around here, but I'm not sure where at the moment. When I find it, I'll post some pictures.
The new office is just perfect. Sometime in the very near future, I'll be able to work so much more efficiently. Not having the business scattered throughout the house is a huge gift.
That alone is worth all the work of moving.
The setting is idyllic. From the window in the office I can see farms, silos, and lush greenery. That view used to be...a brick building. Yesterday I looked out to see the flock of "wild" turkeys following the farm equipment up into the fields with the dog in hot pursuit. The corn is thigh high, the melons are blooming, and my herbs are happy as can be. The recent flooding rains have turned the garden into a jungle, so there's a lot of work waiting out there.
I brought in a bloom from the passion flower vine and put it in a saucer on coffee table. Those things smell fabulous! The Jerusalem artichokes are really taking off, and soon will be waving cheery little sunflowers towards the window.
Its still sinking in. The saying "bloom where you're planted" comes to mind - except that at this moment, I'm realizing that I've been planted in the most beautiful patch around.
So... until I find the cable, that's it for now.

1 comment:

Laura said...

YES! Bloom where you are planted! :)