Sunday, January 03, 2010

Back in the Herbal Groove

Whew - the holidays are over here at The Essential Herbal, and it's time to get back to the normal day-to-day stuff. There are the little details to be done, like figuring out tax stuff, but I don't want to think about that just yet. Tomorrow's another day. And besides, there's a new deadline coming up. It seems like that happens all the time!

I've been just moving from one lounging position to another for the last couple of days. Not much energy, no motivation - blah.

Several (like 10!) of my friends and listbuds are just getting their coursework or ordering the Art and Sciences of Herbalism course from Rosemary Gladstar, and I'm a little jealous. There are a couple of things going on behind the scenes here that have to work themselves out over the next few weeks, so we'll just see. I wanna play too! Two of my friends started talking about it on the TEH list, and within 24 hours there were a whole bunch of people signing up - AWESOME!!!

Last night, my friend Leslie posted about infusing some white sage in oil. She said that it just made her feel more balanced and motivated. I've had a pound of the wonderfully fragrant stuff sitting here, waiting for me to get up the gumption to distill it. So I followed her example and infused a little bit into olive oil. She was right - it is amazing.

Next up was going outside to gather some chickweed for an oil infusion. A friend of mine ran out of it and needs it for some products she makes. Even in this bitter cold weather, the chickweed is green and lush under the pines - even if it is frosted. The wind was whipping around pretty well, and every so often flipped my coat up over my head when I bent down under a tree. Ha Ha, very funny, Mother Nature. It was fast work to fill a basket, as the mats of chickweed clung together in the cold. It is now in a crock covered with oil in the warm oven, infusing away. Last, I was going through the pictures on the disk when looking for the chickweed shot. I found this one of my sister and me when we were taking pics for the upcoming dvd on salves and balms. "She" had chosen a much more serious shot - so for posterity, here we are doing what we do more than anything else: Happy New Year, everyone.

Tomorrow I'll post to let you know what we'll be awarding at the end of the month when we draw from all the orders rec'd in January!

4 comments:

Maryanne said...

Oh, I really do love that one - it's so "us"! Actually the whole series of shots were pretty great.

Anonymous said...

I like that one. I always like a more candid shot. They are usually more flattering,too.

Bridgett said...

Aww...I love the candid shot. :)

Laura said...

I LOVE this picture of you two! You guys rock!