Saturday, June 20, 2020

Essential Herbal July/August 2020

WellOur first issue with no printed copies went out today.  I'm a little jangled, because new things of this magnitude are nerve-wracking.  It's a beautiful issue and I'm sure it will be well received.  Below you'll find the cover and table of contents.  If you've never read one of our magazines, there are several samples on OUR WEBSITE, at the very bottom of the page. 
My latest book -Herbal Medicine for Emotional Healing - is also available now!  You can get it from any major bookseller, or on my website.

But back to the magazine...

 TABLE OF CONTENTS:


Cover, Debra Sturdevant
Field Notes from the Editor, Tina Sams
Dill With It, Alicia Foster Allen
   It’s mint to be – basil today but tarragon tomorrow!  Delicious recipes featuring garden herbs.
Custard, Hot or Cold, Rebekah Bailey
   Baked or frozen, what's your favorite?  Wonderful options for flavors.
Spilanthes, The Oddball Eyeball Plant, Kristine Brown RH(AHG)
   I'm wondering why I never grew this plant before.
Excerpt - Cannoli Be Murder, Catherine Bruns
   Cinnamon Chip Biscotti - perfect for afternoon tea/coffee pick-me-up!
Ginger Elixir, How and Why, Tina Sams
   A useful concoction to have on hand.
Facebook Group List Question
   Did your garden plans change because of the pandemic?
Excerpt - Herbal Medicine for Emotional Healing
   2 recipes from the book and a bonus link to a video of Tina making a third.
Review, Year of Wonders, Jackie Johnson
   A book dealing with a woman's experience with a 1600's plague.
High Summer in the Garden, Kathy Musser
   Showy herbs for the last half of summer and some interesting flowers to add.
Summer Favorites, Marci Tsohonis
   Salad days! 
More Herbs, Less Salt Day, Marci Lautanen Raleigh
   Savory blends to bring out the flavor of foods without much (if any) salt.
Rita’s Ramblings, Rita Richardson
   Musings on flavors old and new.
Wild Cherry, Jenel Schaffer
   The many benefits of the bark of this splendid tree.
Companion Planting, Sandy Michelsen
   Sometimes plants help each other grow, produce, and fight off pests.
Venturing into Eco-Printing, Maryanne Schwartz
   A new obsession here on the farm!

Subscribe Today!

2 comments:

Suanne said...

Can we (subscribers) find past articles online? I’ve been a subscriber for years. I’m looking for a 2018 article “ Mad for Motherwort, Kristine Brown
Motherwort has so much to offer us. Kristine tells us all about it.”
I can’t find that magazine and am hoping for an online version.

Tina Sams said...

Hi Suanne,

Generally speaking, back issues are for sale on the website, although sometimes we do publish articles on the blog. I think that's a good idea for this one. Otherwise, I'd ask you to just email me, since I do know you've been with us a long time.
Give me about 5 minutes and I'll have it posted.
T