Monday, May 02, 2016

The flaming chicken

So last night I cooked my first fire cider chicken all by myself. It was much easier than I thought and it is absolutely delicious. Here are my before and after pictures.

Before

After


In case you want to try it yourself, here is a quick recipe.

Here are the ingredients you will need:

1 whole chicken
About 2 - 3 C of fire cider discards
2 C water or soup stock (I used veggie)
Veggies (optional)

Set your oven to about 300 degrees fahrenheit and place the bird in the oven for about three hours.

Pull out the chicken and let sit for about an hour to let it cool. Then begin pulling the meat from the bone. Afterward you can serve or store in your refrigerator.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Forgive me, I'm a newbie so I'm not sure what fire cider discards are. Could you explain. Thank you. Mary Ellen in Tennessee.

Tina Sams said...

Oh sure! Fire Cider is a vinegar "remedy" full of spices that help us stay healthy.
Here's a video of Rosemary Gladstar making it - and the recipe is included along with great info:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPkuXqxz-V0