Monday, April 11, 2016

The Elusive Cyclamen

This weekend was the Pa Herb and Garden Festival. I love going because you get to see what is often your first glimpse of green and you are able to find new gardening trends and gadgets you just have to have. This year my mother asked me to find her a small, fuchsia cyclamen that we could put in the woods with the other native plants we have down there. I was thrilled to be able to walk around and thought it would be absolutely no trouble finding it. I mean, I'm Tina's daughter for Heaven's sake.

Well, about a half hour into searching I was coming up dry and I kept feeling as though I was sent on a fool's errand to get me away from the booth. I circled the show three times and I swear I gave each plant a proper stare down. I returned to the booth empty handed and dumbfounded. My aunt, luckily, was kind enough to show me what I had walked past three times prior. There it was, staring at me, mocking me. I gave the extremely patient lady behind the cyclamen the money, my aunt picked out the best one, and I trudged on back defeated.

Here is the little hide and seek master.



Fortunately the rest of the show went off without a hitch and we had a blast. There plenty of laughter, reuniting with old friends, and whatever this thing is.


It was a perfect way to welcome spring (even though it was snowing right outside the building).

No comments: